Thursday, June 25, 2009

enough, already

i am making the girls do a workbook page a day of the "Summer Bridge Workbook", and read 20 minutes a day this summer, and when they finished 15 days' worth, they got to pick a prize. tess picked a little diva makeover, and jillian picked going to build-a-bear. so, we go to the mall, and get tess her makeover, and jillian her bear. when we finish with tess' makeover complete with glitter and sparkles, she says she has to to the bathroom RIGHT NOW.
fine.
the nearest department store is Dillard's. so we go in there to go to the bathroom. on our way there, tess sees a flyer for "Celebrity Makeup Artist Michael [hoohah]", and she gets all excited, and wants me to get a makeover. fine. whatever.
we go to the bathroom, and then go to the makeup counter where the CMA was holding forth, and how it worked was, there were 4 celebrity makeup peons who each had a client, and did whatever the CMA said.


and i had a lady, who, really, i'm not being unnecessarily ugly, was about 60 and had raccoon eyes. but ok. So I only got to see the CMA for brief seconds at a time, as he went from chair to chair, supervising.

so my peon does my makeover, and she DOES NOT SHUT UP. she talks from the time i sit down until the end of the makeover.
when the makeover is finished, she says, "Now, with the moisturizer, the concealer, the toner, the foundation, the eye..."
"I'm not buying all that," I say.
"You're not?"
"No, I just came in here to go to the bathroom."
Now, I liked the foundation, but once she wrote down what she had used, and the relative prices, hoo mama!
Foundation: $66
Concealer: $23
Moisturizer: $40
So, I asked her if I could just buy the concealer, but she said it wouldn't work w/o the foundation, and I sure as heck wasn't buying the foundation.
so.
"I'll take the toner."
"And the concealer and foundation?"
"No. I just came in here to go to the bathroom."
"How about the moisturizer, and some eye shadow?"
"No, just the toner. I just came in here to go to the bathroom."
"Oh." (yells) "OK, Tony, ring her up! She's just getting the toner!"
Because, really? I was dressed in my workout clothes, and had had a minimum of makeup on. Did they think I was going to spend over $200 on makeup and skin care on a whim? I HAVE makeup and skin care at home, and if i run out, i have loads of MK, Avon and Arbonne ladies to help me....

Ready for my closeup....

No comments: