Monday, December 22, 2008

Out in the Fray

So the girls and I headed out into the fray today, as I am sorely behind on all things Christmas. My coping strategy was to give each of the girls three No Complaining/Free Treat Coupons. We left the house at 11:40. If by 12:40 they had not complained one time, they got one free treat. Tess chose a small Icee. Jillian got some little toy.
I take that back. I wrote on their coupons "Beginning 11:40 a.m." and we actually left the house at 11:37, so my funny daughters spent the next three minutes saying, "I'mhungryI'mboredI'mtiredThisisboringCanwegohomenow?" over and over. It was very funny.
Crowds weren't bad, really, but the traffic! Wow! I left the house with 0 makeup, and by the time we got to the mall, normally a ten-minute drive, I had on foundation, powder, lipstick, eyeliner, three shades of eyeshadow, blush, mascara, and eyebrow pencil. Cuz I had a LOT of time to sit in traffic.
We got home 7 hours after we left. Whew!

2 comments:

bookreader said...

I can chime in on the whole traffic thing! Bumper to bumper all the way around Woodlands Mall and Mkt Square the last several days. Normally I don't go over that way more than once every 7-10 days, but due to errands have had to do so every day for the last three- with my four yr old in tow! Can I just say... my Christmas Spirit was vastly depleted by the whole experiance. LOL!

Danielle said...

Those coupons are a super clever idea - I may steal that the next time we have to run errands (also known as Hell on Earth for children).