Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sigh

So, I'm coordinating Jillian's school's art fundraiser. They didn't have one last year, so I volunteered, because I want some stuff with her artwork on it. OK. So, Square1 Art sent me several emails telling me THE ARTWORK HAS TO GO OUT ON THE 11TH. THEY HAVE TO RECEIVE IT THE 13TH. "Your commitment to adhering to the Reservation Form date schedule is very important. We have assigned production time for your school based on the dates"
Fine.
I'm a procrastinator. So, when do i ask for the class lists from the school secretary? The 11th. When do i go to pick up the artwork? The 11th after school. The class lists were nowhere to be found, so I had to write them out by hand. All 205 names. And some of those kids' handwriting, whew. Anyway. I don't get done till after 6. And I go to the UPS store to ship the box out.
UPS Guy: The last truck already came at 6. You'll have to overnight it tomorrow. $68.
Me: Is there a UPS location that stays open later that has a later pickup?
UPS Guy: Yeah, there's Stafford or the airport.
me: Fine. I don't mind going to the airport.
UPS Guy: Stafford is closer.
me: OK. Fine. I'll go to Stafford.
UPS Guy: It's closed now.

So, anyway, he gives me this 1-800 number to call to find out the location and hours of the airport location. Fine. I call, and the guy tells me there's one on Sweetwater that closes at 7:15, and gives me the directions. Turns out it's off 45. So I drive, with the girls in the car, all the way to the 45 location. When do I get there? 7:20. And the registers are closed.
So, I drive back to our side of town, and take the girls to Luby's for supper. We get there at 8 p.m. I call my Square 1 art contact and leave a message, telling her the situ and asking her what to do.
I get an email from her Thursday morning, saying "That's ok. Just send it out today, two day. If we get it Monday, that's fine."

So i mailed it, along with Jayden's late birthday gift, and Criss' extremely late Christmas gift. I had to wait to mail my niece's Danielle's late birthday gift, because I forgot the gift card.

No comments: