Thursday, November 27, 2008

Post Dinner


I am tired. To be expected, of course. Ran around yesterday getting ready for today, and then stayed up late ditto. Then got up this morning, ran to the grocery store for two things I forgot: Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk, and pie crusts. Then, started baking and cooking as soon as I got home. The girls helped when I asked them to, stirring, setting the table, coming up with the centerpiece, etc.
I know I could have had a less complicated meal, but I would have felt cheated somehow, if we'd had Stouffer's frozen sides, and pre-made pies. The sugar-free pie we did buy, but we made the pumpkin and mincemeat pies.
I asked everyone last week what were two things they wanted for Thanksgiving, and that's how I built the menu. So, no cranberries, no mashed potatoes and gravy, no stuffing -- because no one requested those.
I guess the fatigue is worth it,because we had a nice meal, a nice prayer of thanks, and we spent time together preparing it.

No comments: