Saturday, November 29, 2008

Post Thanksgiving

I got up Friday at 4 a.m., because Sports Authority was giving out scratchoff cards to the first 100 people through the door, and you got extra money off your purchase from $10 to $300, and I can sleep anytime. Plus, they have a trampoline and enclosure for $170. It's an 11', which is about as big as our tiny back yard can hold. So, I got there about 4:20. The poor lady at the Jack in the Box next door was all alone, and she had all these customers who were on their way to sales.
Anyway, I was #37, and I got a $10 off card. Not bad.
Went from there to the mall, where I went to Macy's $10 off coupon), Sears ($10 off coupon), Limited Too (BOGO), and then headed to Barnes and Noble, which! was closed! It was already 8:30! Went to World Market (another scratch off card, but I didn't win the trip to Peru), a Christian Book store where I bought a Christmas gift for myself that I will wrap and put under the tree (Phillip Yancey's book on prayer, which was 50% off), Pier One, and then home to pick up the girls and drop them off at a local gym where they could play until 1 pm. Went to Barnes and Noble (one book 40% off, Holiday music 30% off) I got Ender's Game, and the soundtrack to Elf.
The last two places I went to were for my sis, but neither store had what I was looking for, so I went to see "Four Christmases", which was about what you would expect. If you go see it, though, the travel agent is Peter Billingsley (also an executive producer on the film) from "A Christmas Story", and the two redneck brothers are the director of the film, and Tim McGraw.
Picked the girls up, and pretty much rested the rest of the day. I did a little bit of writing in the evening, as the ideas in my head kept interfering with my reading, and if I don't put them on paper, they don't leave me alone.
The funny thing was, my whole rhythm was off. I started feeling that "I'm tired, so it's probably about the girls' bedtime" feeling, but I looked at my watch, and it was only 6:30. I was ready for bed, though!

No comments: