Thursday, June 12, 2008

Adding to My Panoply of Acronyms

You may recall that I have had a PET scan and a CAT scan in the past. Yesterday, I had a BSGI, and, based on the results of that BSGI, now I get to have an MRI. Hi, United Healthcare! Remember me?

I was talking to United Healthcare Monday, making sure they would pay for the BSGI, and getting the address to send the letter of medical necessity for the BRCA, and the guy said, "Yeah, and uh, we need to update your records. Are you covered by any other insurance?" Nope! Just y'all!

I was mildly freaking out yesterday when they told me I'd need to have an MRI. Having an active imagination is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, one can create many wonderful things, like plays and partially finished mystery novels. On the other hand, when I received the news yesterday that I'd need more testing,
a.)I immediately assumed the suspicious area they found was cancerous
and b.) started thinking about what clothes I should pick out to wear in my coffin.
The sermon Sunday was about the importance of exercising your faith, so after indulging a bit in morbid thoughts like those above, I started reciting memory verses about peace, and trusting God.

I heard from the surgeon's office today, and the nurse said the area was probably a fibroidenoma (a benign tumor originating from glandular tissue, but given my history, they want to make sure.

I called the scheduling office:
Me: Hi, I need to schedule a bi-liateral breast MRI with contrast.
Scheduling Girl: Ok, the first available is Sunday at 1 p.m.
Me: That's fine.
Scheduling: OK, let's put you down for that. (I write it, in pen, on my calendar.) What part of the body is it for?
Me: The breast.
SG: Oh! We don't do breast MRIs on the weekend.

So we rescheduled for Tuesday the 24th.

2 comments:

bookreader said...

Will be praying for you. God has seen you through to this time and will continue to be with you. Hopefully, in another two weeks you will be looking back at this time period and rejoicing that all that stress was over nothing. Know that you are all ready looking up verses- ones that have helped me during our recently stressful (albeit not life threatening) time have been Phil. 4:6-7 and Prov. 3:5-6. Love ya!

Princess Louie Bean said...

you are in my prayers friend! let me know as soon as you hear . . . with love from your friend who has the same imagination you do!