Sunday, June 29, 2008

Whoops!

so, MD anderson had a blood drive at our church today, to benefit john, one of our members with leukemia, and i dropped by just to verify when i could give blood again. their answer?
NEVER. MD Anderson will NEVER accept blood donations from me because i've had BC. as a sop, the guy said the Blood Center may accept my blood in a few years...
then, i was talking to a guy at church, who works in rads somehow, and he was talking about how chemo affects the quality of yr blood, and all oncs want to do is presribe chemo because it makes them a lot of money, blablabla. kinda freaked me out, esp when he said john's cancer was a secondary cancer that he got from taking chemo for lung cancer. wow.

worked out on the elliptical machine today at the gym. covered in sweat. forgot my hand towel. wiped my face on my white tshirt and got beige makeup all over it.
went and got a pedicure afterwards, then ate at maui tacos. love that place.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I donate regularly and the list of things that bar your donation gets longer each time I go. "Ever having chemo" is on the list, so I think that disqualifies you permanently, at least in this area. =(