Monday, January 19, 2009

How It Is

I worked in a pharmacy for year, and if you need a refill, here is how it goes:

1. You call the doctor's office, and ask them to call in a refill.
2. They say ok, ask the number of your preferred pharmacy, and call it in.
Total number of calls = 1 Total time: 2 minutes.

Mike goes to a different doctor than the girls and I. He needed a refill on his prescription, so he asked me to call the doctor, make an appointment, and get a refill.

1. I call the doctor and make an appointment for March. (He's really busy until then.)
2. I call back and ask them to call in a refill. They say the pharmacy has to fax them the prescription request.
3. I hang up, and realize I don't have the doctor's fax number. I call back, but it's after 5, so they don't pick up.
4. I call today, and get the fax number.
5. I call Walgreens, and leave a message, as you can't talk to a live person.
6. Walgreens calls back and leaves me a message. I return the call, and give them Mike's birthday. They promise to call the doctor.
7. They call me again and leave me another message. I return the call, and they say the doctor's office turned down the refill request, saying the doctor wants to see Mike.
8. I call the doctor, and tell them WE ALREADY MADE AN APPOINTMENT. Oh, well let me talk to the nurse. OK, the doctor says he can have a short-term refill to get him by until his appointment. THANK YOU.
Total number of calls: 8 Total time: far too long

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Our healthcare system just gets better and better.