Wednesday, February 11, 2009

D'Oh!

So, we get home laaaaaaaate last night. I get the girls into bed, make some dark chocolate brownies, and fall asleep. I wake up ~1 a.m., and realize I hadn't prepared my chapel talk for this morning.
So I get that prepared, print it out, gather my props, and go to bed.
I wake up at 6:40, get everyone ready, and we are out the door at 7:15 a.m. I drop Jillian off, go find the principal to make sure it's ok if I pull some high school students out of class to be part of chapel, and then I go set up for chapel.
Lisa Shroyer once told me that the secret to a successful children's devotional is props. lots and lots of props.
So, for this chapel, I had chocolates, a picture of Joe Jonas, a picture of Donny Osmond, and a whipped cream pie. It went over very well, especially when I put the whipped cream pie into the face of the girl who wasn't being very loving....(she volunteered!)
Anyway, I get home from that, write the newsletter for the PTO, and start scrambling eggs for lunch. And as I'm standing there, reveling in the fact that I don't have anything to do for a couple of hours, I think, "Oh, lunch. I forgot to bring Jillian a lunch."
Just when you think you have it all together....

No comments: