Friday, February 27, 2009

The Power of Prayer

I just want to tell you, i believe in the power of prayer. This whole process of directing a show at Cypress Christian has been an arduous one, capped by finding out Wednesday at noon that my lead actor was dropping out. I found out just before going in to Ash Wednesday service, and I spent the whole service in prayer, and reading the Psalms, rubbing my thumb over certain verses to take them in further -- verses of deliverance and salvation.
Right after church, I went to the school and talked to the principal, and we decided to use one of the other actors, who'd been to every rehearsal but only had one line, and he would have the script in his hand. And my AD would step into that part.
I felt like I was going to faint for a while, but after I told enough people, and enough people started to pray, I calmed down. As my friend Tammy said, "Who's in control?" If God is in control why worry? If He's not in control, we're all in a world of hurt.
The performance yesterday went great. Ben was familiar enough with the script that he didn't really have to read from it except for some of the long speeches. The audience really liked it, and I got several comments about how I should publish it. I'm just praising God for His faithfulness, and praying we don't lose a lot of money on the show....

No comments: