Monday, April 21, 2008

My Day

The automated We Need A Substitute system called me at 6:30 a.m. Asked me to enter my PIN, which I tried to do. No go. I hang up. It calls back at 7, I try a different PIN. Nope. Calls back THREE MORE TIMES. Finally, I call the school and say, "Do you still need a sub for today?" The receptionist was almost sobbing with relief as she replied in the affirmative. So I taught 1st grade today. They were very helpful to tell me what we were supposed to be doing at each part of the day. "You're supposed to be calling the reading groups over to you now so they can read out loud."
Hoo doggies, tho, I am tired. I don't know how all you working moms do it.

2 comments:

bookreader said...

More and more respect for teachers and those other working mothers is being developed here...

Danielle said...

WE'RE TIRED!! =)