Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Yesterday

I haven't posted much lately, because nothing much particularly interesting or funny has happened. I went to the gym 2x yesterday, because when I went in the morning, I forgot that the girls have swim lessons in the afternoon, and I usually work out then. So I did the treadmill for a bit, resistance training in the morning, and then hit the racquetball around while the girls were swimming.
I saw my pastor's wife while I was in the gym. It took me a second to recognize her, because I'm used to seeing her at church, and it was like two worlds colliding.
Did I tell you I've been watching that "I Can Make You Thin" show? This guy's golden rules are:
1. Eat when you're hungry.
2. Eat what you want.
3. Eat consciously -- no distractions at all, no reading, watching TV. And eat slowly.
4. When you're full, stop eating.

He also had some things to do when you're craving something, or dealing with emotional eating. It's interesting. I've been trying to slow down when I eat, but the no reading when you eat kills me. I adore reading. The gals at the book club were amazed that they'd picked a book I hadn't read yet. "The Good Earth," by Pearl S. Buck. That's one of those "some day" books, like reading Cervantes or Proust.

No comments: