Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Recap

So, we got home Thursday afternoon. I walked in, kissed DH, petted the kitties, changes clothes and went to Maundy Thursday service at church. It was cool -- we had footwashing, where people could both get their feet washed and then turn and wash the feet of the next person in line. I'd never been to a footwashing service before, and I got to wash the feet of James, the worship director of our church, and a friend of mine.
Friday, DH had off, so we went shopping for a while. That night was our Good Friday service, where we had monologues or scripture readings for the stations of the cross. After each monologue or reading, one thing was taken off the altar. It was cool. At the end, there was a bare altar covered in a black cloth, and the pastor draped the cross in black.
Saturday, we went to the Easter Egg hunt at church, and then to see College Road Trip with Katie and her mom. I laughed 2.5 times. DD2 really enjoyed it, though, and turned to me at one point and said, "We need to get this when it comes out on DVD!" Sigh. I guess I can't talk. I used to like Jerry Lewis movies while I was that age.
Easter morning, we went through our Easter baskets, and then I went to church, since I was coordinating both services in the Worship Center. DH and the DDs came to the 9:30 service (neither of the DDs wearing the pale pink dress they'd been fighting over the day b4), and then! DH came home and started cooking Easter dinner! All I had to do was set the table. Awesome.
In the afternoon, we had an Easter egg hunt in the front yard. I put coins rather than candy in the plastic eggs, as I have decided to encourage avarice over gluttony....

1 comment:

bookreader said...

Sounds like you had a nice Easter. Especially good, since DH made the dinner! Yeah! Happy Easter!