Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Today

...is laundry day, as i don't want to go ANYWHERE. we have been really bz lately, with swim meets and church and shows and graduation...
during swim meet season, my one day to sleep late (Saturday) is no more. Of course, I could have slept late today (e.g. until 8 a.m., since DD2 is out of school), but my body decided 6 a.m. would be a cool time to awaken. grrr.

here's how the Laundry Day Game goes:
i make the bed. the dog takes one of her paws and scrabbles at the comforter until she can lift it and go under the comforter to sleep, thus messing up the newly made bed.
i take a load from the dryer, put it on the bed, fold and hang the clothes while watching recorded tv. until a commercial break, when I put the stuff away. while i am gone, Winston the Butthead Kitty, sneaks over and pees on a piece of clothing or two, and then goes back to his windowsill, to wait and see if i can figure out where he peed. this entails me shoving my nose in all sorts of clothing...

he's currently hiding in DH's closet, because I waved his latest marks in his face and said, "DON'T PEE ON THE LAUNDRY!"

There is actually a tree guy outside trimming the tree. It's a miracle! I have called 4 separate tree trimming businesses, and he's the first one who actually bothered to show up when he promised. Or at all.
One guy showed up a day early, and of course I wasn't home. Did he come back the next day, when he was supposed to? No.
What bugs me is, two of these companies had paid for coupons to be delivered to our neighborhood. Why would you pay for advertising if you only wanted to alienate potential customers?

No comments: