Friday, February 29, 2008

Procrastination

Go Texan day snuck up on me this year.
For those of my readers who are not Texans, "Go Texan Day" is a day where your kids dress up as cowboys/girls, and do square dances during PE, and you can go watch them and take copious pictures.
I normally buy the cowboy boots at Target in December on sale, and we're good. But I forgot this year, which is why Wednesday DD1 and 1 went to 5 stores looking for boots, to no avail.
Today, I found some at Boot Town. I bought them in the afternoon, and when DD1 tried them on, they were too small, so we went back and she found a comparable pair that fit. I went up to the front to exchange them, but there was no tag on the new pair of boots, so the guy asked me to step aside so he could ring someone else up while a minion went to discover the price. So I wait for about 5 minutes. Finally the minion comes back, and the guy looks up and tells me the price. Fine.
And I expect, that when he has finished ringing up the lady at the front of the line, he will motion to me, and I can finish the exchange. But no. After that lady way done, he looked at the next lady in line and started ringing up her purchases, never giving me a second glance.
So I had to go to THE BACK OF THE LINE. Which, because Go Texan day is tomorrow, was long. And the kids were cranky and tired and hyper. And I was at least two of those.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

That's totally outrageous - you should have said something to him (like, "Hey Dude, it's my turn!") instead of just getting in the back of the line.

bookreader said...

I agree with Danielle. No way am I waiting in the back of the line when my item lacked a tag through no fault of my own... What a deal! With kiddos hanging on you it is always worse, too.