Friday, February 29, 2008

The Way Things Are

So, in the course of putting the house back together after the new flooring, I have been sorting through our possessions, and I filled three paper grocery sacks full of books I no longer wanted. DH, the girls and I trooped down to Half Price Books on Saturday to sell them.
I asked the lady if we could just go eat lunch and come back, and she said no, that we had to stay in the store.
Fine.
You know what happened, don't you?
DH found a $17 book he'd been looking for, I found a $5 Jude Devereaux I hadn't read, and each of the girls found a book they wanted.
The total from the three grocery sacks full of books? $11
The total of the books we purchased? $35

1 comment:

bookreader said...

That's how they make over 1/2 their money--selling new/used books to those who are waiting in the store to see how much money they are NOT going to get for the books that they are selling back to the store. What a racket! ha! Did you see that the store in Copperfield shut down? Bummer.