Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's Day

V Day was actually pretty nice! I found a nice big pot for DH's cactus, which kept toppling over outside because its pot was too small. And! It was 30% off. I had lunch with DD2, and then a while later went to her Valentine's Day party at school.
I made lasagna with whole wheat noodles and organic marinara sauce for supper, and then the DDs ate their chocolates while I had some chocolate-covered strawberries. Mmmm.
DH did very well in regard to my gift -- he got me the Dancing With the Stars Wii game! Every week when we went to Target, I'd go look at it, to see if it was on sale. And it never was.
My new motto for Valentine's Day is -- do it yourself. You want Brighton perfume for Valentine's Day? Get it yourself. You want chocolate-covered strawberries? Get them yourself. That way, your DH is not burdened by your expectations.
So, I went and got "Live" perfume (appropiate name, I know)at a little boutique nearby after DD2's party, and got 4 c.c. strawberries at the grocery store right afterward. And I was happy.

No comments: