Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sorry I've Been Neglecting You

I've been on FaceBook a lot, and have been neglecting my bloggerly duties.

That being said, can I just tell you that I turned on the TV the other day, which defaults to the infomercial channel. And they were advertising the Cricut on there. A Cricut is this electric diecutting machine that scrapbookers use, and i've wanted one for the longest time, but they are expensive, around $130 to $180. So, I waited to see what the price on the informercial was, and truly, they said, "for just $49.95, we'll send you a Cricut and all these die cuts!"
Wow! What a bargain!
So I called -- first time in my life responding to an informercial. After the lady on the phone repeated all the benefits of owning a Cricut to me (blablabla), she said it would be $49.95, plus $24.95 shipping, with a 30 day money-back guarantee. ok, i thought, that's still cheaper than the store. But THEN, quoth she, i would be billed $49.95 THREE MORE TIMES, for a whopping total of $225.
Oh, I said. I thought it was just $50.
No, she said. You can't get the Cricut anywhere for just $50.
I KNOW. Click.

1 comment:

bookreader said...

The old adage is true, "if it sounds too good to be true, it is." Sorry the deal for the Cricket didn't work out. Happy 4th of July!