Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What's One Sure Way to Find Your Cell Phone?

Spend $60 to get a replacement phone.
I lost my cell phone around the 4th of this month, and after looking and looking, and waiting and waiting for someone to call me to tell me they found my phone, and going down to the YMCA TWICE to see if they had my phone, because I was almost certain that's where I left it, I finally gave up and went to the AT&T store yesterday and got a cheapie (ha!) replacement phone.
Twenty minutes after I got home from the phone store, the landline rings, and a lady who works at the Y called to say she saw the note they wrote the second time I went in looking for my phone, she had my phone, she'd had it since that day. She'd been keeping it safe for me since that day because she just knew she'd see me at the Y.
Which was kind, because she was afraid someone would have stolen it if she'd turned it in.
But still. Over two weeks? She kept it for over two weeks without trying to call me? Or leaving a note at the Y saying, "If someone comes in looking for their phone, I have it"?
So now I get to go see if I can get a refund on my $60 phone.

No comments: