Wednesday, September 24, 2008

When Is An Appropriate Time to Tell Your Mom Need An Orange To School?

NOT thirty minutes before school starts.


7:45 this morning
DD1: Mom! Come look at the oranges!
(I walk in, and one of the them has some green mold on it. So I throw it away, and peel the remaining one and hand it to her.)
DD1: No, I need an orange with peel on it for school today!
Me: And you couldn't have told me that when we were at the grocery store YESTERDAY?
DD1: I forgot.
So, off we go to the grocery store.


Now, before you think I'm overindulgent, let me just say that she'd hurt her fingers Monday, and they still hurt yesterday morning, so I took her to the ER to get them Xrayed. She was thus late to school, and wasn't there when the teacher gave the assignment. Plus, we needed eggs and butter and stuff like that, so since i had to go anyway....)

No comments: