Thursday, September 20, 2007

Are. You. Kidding. Me?

Today was my day to see the rads onc. It took him about 40 minutes to show up, so after I read all the magazines I was interested in, I got my chart and started reading it. And I found that back in March, when I'd had the ultrasound biopsy of a mass in my right breast, that the radiologist recommended a surgical biopsy be performed.
No on ever told me that, so no surgical biopsy was performed.
So, after I finished with the rads once, I traipsed upstairs to the surgeon who happened to be free, and asked him about it. He said he was going to see the radiologist later that day, and would ask him about it, but since it'd been six months, to go ahead and have another ultrasound.
So Monday I go in for an ultrasound of the right breast. Yippee!
Logic tells me that a) I just finished chemo, so if there were a tumor, it's probably shrunken, and b) the PET scan showed no evidence of disease, so all should probably be fine.
Still, I'll feel a lot better when I get the results of the ultrasound.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

That sounds pretty freaky. Would that have had some impact on your treatment? Doesn't inspire confidence, that's for sure.