Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Halfway Thru!

Today was rads tx #16. I have 17 more to go.
Had to take DH to the bus stop as his car was in the shop with broken tire rods, then the girls and I got donuts, as is our tradition whenever we have to take DH to the bus stop.
Got the girls to school, checked email and did some stuff online, rads, came home and tidied the kitchen and living room, dropped off some clothes at Once Upon A Child, went to lunch -- where the Chicken And Vegetable Quesadillas were long on chicken and short on veggies -- went back to OUAC and got $6.43 for my clothes, picked up DD2 from school, picked up DD1 from school, went to the dr so DD1 could get her stitches out, Dairy Queen for bravery all around, drama class for DD1 and hair cut for DD1.
Hair cut was performed by a lady whose native language was not English.
Haircut lady: How you want his hair cut?
me: You mean how do I want her hair cut?
HL: yes.
me: short, over the ears, about an inch off the bangs. she's getting her picture taken tomorrow.
[DD2 keeps tilting her head]
me: Booboo, do you want to look pretty or funky?
DD2: i can't decide.
me: if you keep tilting your head, you're going to look funky.
HL: he so handsome! [at a look from me] Is it a boy or a girl?
me: She's a GIRL.

not to belabor the point, but DD2 was still in her school uniform == a JUMPER. With MARY JANE shoes.

anyway. paid for the hair cut, and some Nioxin scalp treatment for me and my soft gray hair.
picked up DD1, went home, and had about 20 minutes for supper, so fed the girls frozen kid dinners and then the 3 of us went to a meeting at school, as DH wasn't home yet. Swung by home after the meeting, picked up DH, went to the mechanic's parking lot to pick up his car. Came home, shooed the girls off to bed, took a shower, went to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she had more than just a language issue!