Friday, September 28, 2007

Thursday

Made the mistake of biking to rads. 2.5 miles is a lot longer on a bike than in a car. About halfway there, I thought, "Oh. This was a mistake."
Then the rads techs scolded me, saying my body was going thru enough with rads, and i need to give it a break, yada yada.
After rads, and a very brief appointment with the rads onc, I went upstairs to the surgeon and camped out, waiting for him to be free to tell me what the result of the u/s was.
He ended up doing an u/s in the ofc himself. Bottom line: he doesn't think it's anything to worry about, and when I go back in three months, maybe we'll do an MRI.
Then I biked back home.
I had had plans of baking apple muffins from scratch for DD2's class, since she was Snack Lady, but I didn't get home till 1, and I had to be at DD2's class by 1:50, and I would have needed to core, peel and chop the apples, so Teddy Grahams and milk it was!

4 comments:

shansen said...

I don't understand why your dh doesn't help you more. go back and read your blogs for yourself. Here is what every single one says in a few different ways: I ate [such and such], I'm tired, the house is a mess, I didn't exercise.

Plenty of people work full time and go through chemo (like Tony Snow, White House Press Secretary). Either you truly are exhausted from chemo and rads or you are depressed b/c your dh doesn't help you. You wouldn't be the first, believe me. Why not write about that and be honest? Other bc victims who have to continue working and may be single parents don't really relate to "I watched a Jane Austen dvd, the maid came, and someone from the church brought our dinner." Be honest! bc can destroy marriages (and friendships).

shansen said...

I don't understand why your dh doesn't help you more. go back and read your blogs for yourself. Here is what every single one says in a few different ways: I ate [such and such], I'm tired, the house is a mess, I didn't exercise.

Plenty of people work full time and go through chemo (like Tony Snow, White House Press Secretary). Either you truly are exhausted from eating and watching movies or you are depressed b/c your dh doesn't help you. You wouldn't be the first, believe me. Why not write about that and be honest? Other bc victims who have to continue working and may be single parents don't really relate to "I watched a Jane Austen dvd, the maid came, and someone from the church brought our dinner." Be honest! bc destroys marriages (and friendships)

Rosebud said...

What does saying those things have to do with anything dear shansen???This is not a guide to bc or a how to of bc..it's a blog and you can write whatever pleases you.

Be honest about yourself dear shansen..are you a lonely person, perhaps bitter, with nothing to do then criticize this poor women's blog. Did you dh leave you when he found out what a mean person you are? Be honest with yourself and ask why am I writing this, this women has gone threw hell and back and I'm asking her to be honest...Good Grief..I hope you can pull your panties out cause they seem to be all bunched up..My prayers go up to you so you may be healed...

bookreader said...

Amen, Rosebud! All those negative comments are not appreciated, needed or necessary. If you don't like what is written in the blog, DON"T READ IT! But leave the poor woman alone. She is doing her best in a difficult situation, and this is not helpful!