Thursday, March 29, 2007

God Has Surrounded Me with Fabulous People

My fabulous friends the Langfords came over last night, as DH was OOT. They served dinner to the girls (a fabulous roast dinner that Julie Long the Pregnant Wonder cooked and brought over), helped DD1 with homework, did two loads of laundry and put them away, changed the sheets on my bed, did the dishes and took down the St. Patrick's Day tree. I pretty much just lay on the couch and watched them work. Every now and then, I would get up and go to the bathroom. But pretty much, yep, just lying there.
I may adopt those Langfords, though. Wow, what great people. And they WANTED to do this. Deb is one of my oldest friends in Houston. I met her just a few months after I moved here in 1994, and our families hang out together for holidays like New Years and Easter and stuff. I told DD1 the Langfords were coming over, and she said, "When does the party start?" Because....you know...when the Langfords come over, it's a PARTY.
After Deb told her kids that I was going to have chemo and what that meant, apparently her kids said, "Well, when can we go over and help Miss Terri?"

Today was a continuing day of sloth. I finally broke down and took an immodium. Which has helped a bit, but I still feel weak. I didn't feel up to packing a lunch for DD2, and when i dropped her off, i told her i'd swing by with chicken nuggets later, and the director of the preschool said, "Don't worry, we'll get her a lunch!" And it looks like, they went across the street and got her a corn dog from Sonic. Now, this is a brand new preschool this year for DD2 -- it's not like she's gone there for 5 years or something. But the director of that program is a great woman of God, really something special.

So, I am grateful. So much, for all the kindnesses people have shown me. It's very humbling. [bows down] I am not worthy....

2 comments:

Mercy&CM Friend said...

We were happy to do it and look at this as an opportunity to serve you after you have helped us out so often as I went back to work full-time. It also is a great teaching tool for our kids. We love you!

Anonymous said...

And what about Mark? You met him in 1994 as well...