Saturday, October 20, 2007

Friday and Saturday

I spent the morning working on my BC scrapbook so I could show it to DD2's classmates. So much so that I forgot to drop off her lunch. She ended up eating some pizza, but I still felt terrible when I realized I'd forgotten -- about 8 p.m.
The reading went fine. I brought along a wig and some of my chemo hats for the kids to wear. The wig was a big hit -- a lot of the boys wanted to try it on.
In the early evening, the girls and i went to a bday party, where Silly String was the big hit. We left around 7, as that seems to be the time I (still) get tired. I hope in a few weeks I can get my energy back.
Today, DD2 and I went to a craft show. Before I left, DH and I had the following conversation:

Me: OK, I'm leaving for the craft show!
DH: Don't spend too much.
Me: Oh, I'm just going to look.
DH: (snorts) Right.

Well, they had some fabulous stuff, so I did end up buying some stuff:
  • big ole earrings to offset my short hair
  • nuts
  • a denim shirt with fall fabric insets
  • a CD of Christian music
  • 2 hair bows for the DDs
  • a fall table runner for the kitchen table
I'd told DD2 she could spend $5, so she looked all over for a stuffed animal that was $5 or less. Finally found one that's really a dog toy, but she's happy with it. She is determined not to share it with Bella TMSM.

We bbq'd outside today, as the weather is fabulous here in SE Texas. The whole process reminded me of something my friend Danielle sent me about how men think barbecueing is such a treat, as it "saves" the women so much time.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Wow, I rate a mention in your blog. Cool!