Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Why Am I Awake?

ChemoGirl, you say,
you got up at 4:30 a.m., why are you still awake at 11:30 p.m.?
Because I am STUPID.
I'm cutting way down on the sodas, as they are basically liquid candy, and evil. So, I get caffeine headaches. (Which my overactive imagination immediately assumes is brain cancer.) So, tonight when I got home, I had a cup of Mountain Dew to take away the headache.
Yep. Mountain Dew. That highly caffeinated beverage. The headache went away, but now I am AWAKE. I slept for about an hour, after I watched the results show of Dancing With The Stars (and, oh my GOSH I can't blv who got eliminated!), but now I Am Awake.

3 comments:

Rosebud said...

I drink ruffly 2 Dews a night with about 4 cups of coffee and I'm still tired at work. I just gotta have my Dew and coffee or I might make someone a speed bump with my fork lift. Thanks for the recipe..Hugs rosebud

Jacqniel said...

Thanks for the recipe! Looks good - nice to have different things to try.
Here is one a friend brought over - just make half or divy it up between two dishes and freeze one - it makes a bunch!

POTATO CHICKEN DELIGHT
1 can cream of chicken soup
2-3 cups diced cooked chicken
¼ cup milk
8 to 10 frozen hash brown patties
1 cup sour cream
1 large can French Fried Onions
2 to 3 cups Cheddar cheese
1 cup crushed sour cream and onion potato chips
******optional: add cooked broccoli and/or 1 can mushrooms

Combine soup, sour cream, milk, cheese, chicken, broccoli, and mushrooms.
Put 1/3 of the mixture in bottom of 9 x 13 pan.
Cover soup mixture with hash brown patties.
Press down.
Sprinkle with ½ can of French Fried Onions.
Pour remaining soup mixture on top of onions. Top with remaining onions and crushed potato chips.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until bubbly.
(Can be made ahead and kept in refrigerator until ready to bake.)

Unknown said...

I'm pretty much down to one coffee in the morning, maybe adding a diet soda around lunchtime if I simply didn't get enough sleep. But, yeah, if you can get through the cutting back phase, what follows is a time with much fewer caffeine headaches, so it's worth it.

You might also try Excedrin on the caffeine headaches. It has enough caffeine to beat the headache, but not enough to keep you awake, which is good.

(Note to self: Lock up sodas while T is in town so she can get some sleep. :) )