Monday, October 8, 2007

This Afternoon

Went to the dr, who didn't even bother to swab DD2's throat, just looked at it and gave us a rx. Went to the grocery store, and shopped while they filled the rx. We were out of milk and juice and lots of stuff, if the final bill is any indication. Apparently Funyons was something we really, really needed.

I'd called the rads ofc from DD2's dr's waiting room, to ask them if i could come in later. They told me the computer was down anyway, so come in at 1 p.m.

So, home, put groceries away, ate lunch, and then to rads. I made DD2 wear a medical mask while we were there, as cancer patients tend to have compromised immune systems anyway. She thought she was cool -- "paging Dr. Booboo."

These last 5 rads are what they call boosts, where instead of zapping the whole breast, they just target where the cancer was. So the treatment itself only takes ~ 5 minutes. They were a little disconcerted to find that the purple semi-circle they'd drawn on me A WEEK AGO was gone, but they dealt with it.

One of the rads techs said she went to the Komen Walk for the Cure on Saturday, and said there were so many people there, it took 90 minutes to walk 3 miles. She said she was exhausted afterwards and came home and took a three-hour nap. So, it's a good thing I bailed Saturday. I would never have been able to make it.

2 comments:

Jacqniel said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful prayer. I experienced chills as I read it and tears sprang to my eyes. I think you had the beast shaken to the core. Bless you, dear friend. Jacque

Rosebud said...

My goodness..Funyons..now that I read that, I have to get a bag..Thanks!!..LOL