Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Bleaugh

If you were one of the unfortunate people to talk to me today, you got an earful of complaining. So, sorry about that.
I'm sick of being tired, and tired of being sick. Still have the pain in my side, still weak, get tired out easily.
Good things about today tho -- dropped off DD2 at school, and then went by the Daily Brew at Eldridge and Cypress N Houston to get a hot chocolate. The gal who owns it is very sweet, and i've kept her updated with what's going on with me. it's on the way to DD2's school, so when it was colder i went there a lot. anyway, she gave me a free hot chocolate and sat and commiserated with me! very nice.
then, i think because i'd left her this really depressing phone mail message, my friend Deanna dropped by with French Onion soup from La Madelaine. She asked me if i wanted anything else, and i told her nothing goes with metallic...


my friend danielle just sent me an email about a 19 year old kid who has stage 4 cancer, and who is keeping a positive attitude. helped put everything in perspective. i know this pain and fatigue will pass, and i'm only stage 1...so, i really don't have it all that bad.
i'm grateful for all of you and yr love and concern.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

The kid, Miles Levin, was featured on Anderson Cooper 360 on CNN on Wednesday, May 9th. He blogs at a site called CarePages, for people who are sick. If you want to read his guest entry on CNN's blog:
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/