Thursday, May 3, 2007

Two Good Things and 1 Bad

I went to a jewelry party today at my friend Cynthia's house. It's this jewelry called China Baroque, where they make jewelry out of china. Really pretty stuff, but they set the price point pretty high -- $55 for earrings, $150 for a bracelet, etc. The only thing I really liked was a pendant, but what with every healthcare provider in Northwest Houston sending me a bill these days, I decided to just buy a little chain. Well, Cynthia -- who is a fabulous person, funny, energetic, just really great to be around -- saw the pendant I wanted and bought it for me, and brought it by this afternoon!

After I left the jewelry party, I was stopped at a stop light. Guy next to me honks his horn. I look over. He gives me a thumbs up. I roll down my window. He rolls down his.
Guy: You look great! Not many people can pull off bald, but you can!
Me: Well, it's not by choice. I'm a chemo patient.
Guy: Well, I'm sorry about that, but you look great!

I may be in my mid 40s and bald, but apparently I still got it....

OK, now for the bad thing.
I fell asleep around 8 pm, woke up at 1am, realized I needed to go to the pharmacy and pick up a couple of prescriptions: Decadron, a steroid, which I needed to take right away, and Emend, an anti-emetic (a pill that keeps u from throwing up), which I'll need to take around noon tomorrow. So I go down to my local 24 hour CVS Pharmacy, and the pharmacist says, "Your insurance won't cover the Emend."
"They covered it last time," I said.
So he called, and the lady at the insurance company said they'll only cover it once a month. which is freaky, because my chemo is once every three weeks. so, the daytime pharmacist is supposed to call first thing in the morning, see if there's anything to do, otherwise it'll be $300 for three pills.

No comments: