Monday, May 28, 2007

Heathens

We stayed home from church. I was coughing, the girls were coughing....I just didn't want to risk it. We're just a bunch of heathens, what can I say?

Didn't do too much -- the only time I left the house was to get lunch from KFC. Other than that, I tidied the house, went thru the pantry a little bit, and watched tv. (There was a "Monk" marathon on.) I did a bit of scrapbooking while I watched tv.

One note on tidying the pantry: i have a shelf of the pantry i call "DH's Weird Food Shelf" where I put the roasted seaweed and canned octopus and other stuff he comes home with. That stuff hadn't been touched since he brought it home, so I got it all down and spread it out on the counter: tapioca pearls, beenieweenies, basmati rice, spam, freezedried backpacking food....all of it.
Me: Which of this stuff do you want to keep?
DH: All of it.

He did concede to get rid of the opened box of Mexican cookies, but all the rest of it went right back on the weird shelf to be ignored for another six months....

1 comment:

Danielle said...

We have the exact same (untouched) shelf in our house!