Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Recap

Sorry I haven't posted much lately -- I've been either a) busy or b) tired. ("Tired" in this instance being understood to mean lying down on my bed.)
Saturday, DD1 and I went to her practice swim meet at 7. Got done at 12:30. I had been up since 4 due to chemo insomnia, so I started off tired. Ran errands for DD2's party, went to party at 3, where my friend Debbie took pictures, cut the cake, and basically filled in for me so I could just sit and look pretty. This is the same Debbie who addressed and mailed the invites, and put together the goody bags. So, props to Debbie! I couldn't have done it without her.
Came home after the party, and watched DD2 open her presents, and then rested.

Sunday, since I'm still battling a cold, we stayed home from church. I got a pearl necklace from DH for Mother's Day, a placemat and muffin mix from DD2, and several works of art and a plant stake she'd made at school from DD1.
Went to Fuddrucker's for lunch, as I fancied a kid's meal from there, and then swung by Michael's for some supplies for DD1's sarcophagus that she's making for school.
DH made supper (YAY!) and we watched the Survivor finale.

Today, tidied the house so the housekeeper could clean. Ran errands. Came home and rested. Fell asleep at 8:30. Woke up at 1:30. Still awake. (Obviously)

Oh. One of the errands I ran? Was to order the tile we'd picked out for the fireplace. We just need a scant two boxes, so not a big order. I got to the place, the guy looks in his book and says "Oh, that's been discontinued." He calls and checks, and the supplier doesn't have any more. Here's a novel idea: when you find out something's been discontinued -- TAKE THE SAMPLE OFF THE SALES FLOOR instead of waiting for some poor sap to find the tile and fall in love with it, so you can mercilessly dash their dreams to the floor.
It's irritating because I ran into this same syndrome last year when I first started looking for tile for the master bath. EVERY single tile sample I found that DH and I liked had either been discontinued or the company had gone out of business. I finally lost heart and quit looking for a year until a couple of months ago when I couldn't stand to look at the carpet in there anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right on Sister!! I had the same exact problem with the tile...so frustrating!!