Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Chemo #4

So, Dragana my chemo companion picks me up today and we go in for my 10:30 chemo appointment. And guess what? I didn't wait for an hour! NO. I waited for TWO. Yes, two blessed hours in the waiting room. Dragana went to get some lunch for us (vegetable tempura and california rolls, yum) and when she came back, I was still there waiting, tho by this time I had stretched out on the couch and covered myself with my afghan.

Here's the thing. Hardly anybody came in after me. One lady came in for a 30 minute Herceptin treatment. But that was it. And the reason I had to wait so long was, every chair in both chemo rooms was full.
This is what the hospitality industry would call "overbooking". Hey! Here's a thought: calculate the length of time it will take each chemo patient to finish their treatment. Then book the next appointments for those times. This is what's called "efficiency". And "common sense". And "not wasting your patients' time."

I feel bleugh. Have the Cytoxan headache. Am going to go lie down, but wanted to post first, because I know some of you check this site every day, and didn't want to disappoint.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, you would think that the doctor and his staff had a clock somewhere that worked? right? Love ya!

Rosebud said...

Check out the song on my blog. It fits all the thing we are going threw right now..HUGS rosebud

Danielle said...

Just saw the new photo - that's some scary red liquid they're putting into you. You'd think they could make it a less intimidating color. . .