Monday, May 28, 2007

Lazy, Lazy Day

Stayed in my pajamas till about 1:30, when i made a Burger King run. Other than that, have been lying down and reading all day. Again, nothing improving, just this book about this girl who thinks she's an orphan, but really she's this countess, and someone's trying to kill her and then there's this handsome marquess who....well, you get the idea.

amy christopher came over with food. And I'm pretty sure that if you look in the dictionary under the word "generous", it'll have her picture on it. she'd called me yesterday and insisted i tell her what i had a craving for, and it was this:
1. fried chicken
2. baked beans

Because to me, Memorial Day is all about picnic food. I don't really like picnics, as most of them take place, you know, outdoors with all the bugs and the sweat and everything, but I do like the food.

Anyway, Amy shows up with fried chicken and baked beans. And cole slaw, rolls, mashed potatoes and gravy, and cookies. And 3 boxes of kleenexes. And 6 books. And a bookmark. And a TSHIRT SHE DESIGNED AND MADE ALL BY HERSELF. And a bottle full of skittles. And pictures of the scrapbooking retreat we went on. AND A PURSE. Wow! I am not worthy...

3 comments:

Skylark said...

I just hit Next Blog and here you are. I'm skylark and I just want to tell you Hello and to send you well wishes. God Bless

Rosebud said...

You're one lucky gay..I've been craving grits and fried chicken but in the land of Dutch where I live..you can't get the good stuff...Hugs..rosebud

mamaofour said...

Oh, but you are, trust me!!! Just reading this now- how kind your words are...I am so glad that I could be of service....by the way, could I borrow that book when you are done with it...I haven't read any chicks-who-think-they're-orphans-but-they're-really-a-countess-in-danger-with-a-handsome-marquess-and-someone-trying-to-kill-her-novels....I was just thinking that I haven't read one in a while...;]Glad to hear about your short wait..whoo hoo!!!
Keep flashin'...that smile! A.C.