Friday, May 4, 2007

Same Song, Second Verse

It will not surprise you to learn that when Melna and I arrived at the onc's office to day for the Neulasta shot, we waited AN HOUR before I got the shot. I think there's a note on my file that says, "Make her wait an hour before doing anything."
After 30 minutes, I went to check and they said, "Oh, we're out of Neulasta. You'll need to come back Monday." Of course, we were at the thirty-minutes-away Red Oak office.
I said, "Can I just have it on Tuesday, after I see the onc for my appointment at the Cypress office?"
They said, "Well, here are your choices: you can drive to the Woodlands office and get it today (another 15 minutes further from my house), or you can wait until Tuesday."
So I said we'd wait. And Melna and I got up to leave. We were out in the parking lot, and the nurse called us back and said, "There's a gal coming from the Woodlands office with some Neulasta. She'll be here in 15 minutes."
So, we sat back down. Of course, 15 minutes turned to 30, but at least we didn't have to drive to the Woodlands and back....
But, please. They KNEW I was coming in today for the Neulasta. They had it on their schedule. So, wouldn't you think there would be someone who would be in charge of ordering and supplies, who would make sure they had the medicine on hand for the people who were coming in that day to get it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That stinks! It is SO aggravating when a doctor and his/her office treat you as if your time and and trouble are no where near as valuable as their own. Come on doctors, get with the program!