Monday, May 7, 2007

Too Much

Dropped off DD2, and some forms at her school.
Went to her prospective kindergarten and dropped off some forms.
Went to the YMCA and registered the DDs for 3 weeks of day camp this summer -- right around the next chemos.
Then, drove 20 minutes to get the registration for DH's car renewed. It was due in April. I figured it'd take 10 minutes. This. Was. A. Mistake.
I got there and I was 35th in line. I didn't want to leave because who knows if the next time it would be any better? Everyone is getting new plates this year, so it took a lot longer. After 35 minutes of standing in line, I started propping myself up on the barrier, and a lady behind me in line asked if I was ok. I told her I was just trying to make it, and she asked an employee to move me up to the front of the line (I was about 15th in line by that time.) So, I got to sit down, and write my little check, and get the new tag and be on my way.
Swung by Fazoli's for some drivethru watery bland spaghetti, and came home. Have been home ever since. All those other errands are going to have to wait.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Well, hurrah for DMV and nice fellow customer. I know there's a lot of frustration, feeling so yucky so much of the time, but I must admit, small kindnesses like these are inspiring, at least to me, hearing about them from far away. I hope you come across more common decency while traveling this rather wretched path. Hang in there.