Friday, June 1, 2007

Wonder of Wonder, Miracle of Miracles*

Thursday, Linda drove me to the onc for my neulasta shot and a checkup. Got there at ten, was out of there by 10:40. Forty minutes! I'd already prepared. I had a blanket and a pillow and two books with me -- I was ready to hunker down and spend the better part of the morning waiting either on the couch in the waiting room, or the examination table in the examination room. But, psych! They got me in there right away! I hope this is a portent of things to come!

Linda picked up some stuff at Walgreen's for me while I was at the onc's -- poor thing, I'd told her to go to CVS, but was thinking of Walgreen's, (chemo brain strikes again!) so she drove around and around looking for a CVS where I'd told her it would be. She finally gave up and just went to Walgreen's, and came back to the onc's just as I was checking out. So that worked out well.

In the afternoon, Becky Marshall and her faithful intern Amanda came over and helped with laundry and dishes, as I was not up to dealing with it at all. And Courtney Suddath (who, it turns out, Amanda used to babysit for!) picked up DD1 from day camp for me, since DD1 was not feeling well. Courtney also picked up the standard post-chemo chocolate shake. DD1 got a cookies and cream shake. She said it would make her feel better...

Thursday was DH's and my 10th anniversary. It was lower than low key. I sent him flowers and chocolates at work. He's going to pick out flowers for me today, he said. He's already agreed to paying for an anniversary ring I'm having made to go on the top of my engagement ring, so that was fine with me. Diamonds last longer than flowers.



*Two points for you if you can name the allusion of the title.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fiddler on the Roof?


VedaBaugh

Jacqniel said...

If you were a rich man - you could give money instead of points!
Fiddler on the Roof!
Congrats on the short onc appointment. I am very blessed with a fairly quick turn around. Usually only sit in the waiting room five minutes and another five in the room waiting for the onc. It usually takes 20 mins or so for the tx to come up from the pharmacy, but they usually start my premeds - so there isn't a horrible wait.
Hope you feel better soon - Jacque