Thursday, June 28, 2007

HB To Me!

I turned 45 today! And I have always believed that birthdays are a Big Deal. Around our house, on your birthday, it is Your Day. Wherever you want to go, whatever you want to do, that's what we'll do.
Accordingly, I have spent the day is Blatant Self Indulgence. I had brunch with Debbie, who gave me a gift card to Studio Movie Grill ( a movie theater/restaurant nearby), then I bought some used books, got a mani/pedi, and then went to Studio Movie Grill and spent the gift card seeing the new Bruce Willis movie, then bought myself some flowers.
Plus, my dear friend Dragana made me, from scratch, a strawberry cake with pistachios, and got me a scrapbook and some strawberry tea. My friend Robin got me some balloons and a musical card that plays "Shake Your Groove Thing", and I've gotten some nice phone calls and emails.
It's a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Terri!
So, how was the new Die Hard movie? DH and I are big fans of the first two Die Hard movies-is this one worth seeing in the theater or can we wait til the DVD comes out?

Leigh Ehrhardt

Danielle said...

Sounds like a proper celebration! Glad you had a good day!