Saturday, June 2, 2007

Another Boring Post Chemo Day

Yesterday, I had to drive myself to the YMCA Day Camp to administer some antihistaimine and cough syrup to DD1, who has begun coughing incessantly w/o it. You're supposed to take it every 4 hours as needed, and as sure as shootin', 3.5 hours after her last dosage, she starts coughing again.
Told DD1 I would go across the street and eat, and then come back, and if she didn't feel better, I would take her home. So off I went to Fazoli's, that post-chemo favorite, as they feature bland, watery spaghetti. Yum!
Went back to the Y, and DD1 was fine. Went to check on DD2, as it was her bday, and I wanted to make sure they at least sang to her. There she was, sitting with her group, drinking a bottle of water while everyone else ate their lunch.
Counselor: Your daughter says you didn't pack a lunch for her today.
Me: No, because I paid for her to eat pizza today.
C: She's not on the list.
Me: Would you like to see the duplicate of the check I wrote Wednesday night to pay for the pizza?
C: I'm not in charge of that.

So, what were they going to do, just let her starve? Anyway, she'd been put on the 5 year-old list for pizza, rather than the 6-year-old list, so she got to eat, and all was well. Sure glad I went by, tho....Chemo Girl doesn't like it when her girls have to go without food. Chemo Girl doesn't like it when anyone has to go without food.

Rested the remainder of the day. DH picked up the girls from day camp, and then I took DD2 to pick out a small birthday cake. She picked out one that had those little candy bars on it, as her grandma (Gaga) had let her eat a bunch of those while we were visiting in Wichita last week (Gaga rules!), and the candy bars reminded her of Gaga. Awwww.

She wanted mac and cheese for her bday dinner, so I swung by KFC and picked us up some food. She suggested we cook some mac and cheese at home, an idea which I quickly shot down, as neither DH or I was up to cooking. Or cleaning.

Dinner, cake, presents. Her favorite presents were the Pokemon presents, as she has conceived an unwavering passion for all things Pokemon...

Didn't sleep well last night, due to steroids, DH's snoring, and DD1's coughing.

So, today has consisted of napping, reading, and watching old episodes of Monk. Another exciting day in chemoland....

No comments: