Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I Really Am Blessed

OK, it's been a week since chemo #4, and I am slowly coming out of the grumps. Part of this is due to the realization of how much I am blessed. I think I told you one of the other ladies on the breastcancer.org discussion thread complained one time becuz a friend had said she'd cook for her, and never showed up.
This is not my situation at all.
Today, 12:27. Phone rings.
Me: Hello?
Julie Long the pregnant wonder: Hi, Terri, I'm cooking for you today. I'll bring by chicken pot pie and chocolate chip cookies around 5, ok?
Me: OK, great! Thanks!

5 minutes later. Phone rings.
Me: Hello?
Donna: Hi, Terri, it's Donna. I'm cooking for you today. I'm going to bring by quiche, watermelon, and key lime pie cheesecake in about twenty minutes, OK?
Me: Uh, ok.

So I called Deanna, who is the my Official Neighborhood Meal Coordinator, and told her that there was a mixup, and we might not have next Wednesday covered. She said, no, next week was covered, but someone may have gotten confused because last week, there was a last-minute opening, and she got a lot of emails volunteering to cook.

wow! so, we are covered for food!

speaking of food. i actually enjoyed a meal today. i KNOW. it was a nice change of pace, rather than just mechanically chewing and swallowing something to get nutrition into my body.

anyway. i had a bowl of crawfish bisque from Pappadeaux today and it was awesome. smooth and creamy. i also had 1/2 a dinner salad, and the inside of a slice of french bread slathered with butter.

No comments: