Saturday, June 30, 2007

This Morning

... woke up craving waffles. It was 5:30 a.m. So I made some waffle batter, and heated up the waffle iron and made waffles. Ate them, read the paper, did the dishes, then went back to bed. Everyone else got up and went to Target, and tho I had left the batter and waffle iron out, apparently they did not feel like waffles.
Had lunch today at an Indian restaurant with Elizabeth and Darcy, two ladies I know from church. Elizabeth is from India, and she'd wanted to cook for me, and I'd asked her to make sag paneer (an Indian dish with spinach and cheese, very yummy). She was afraid her recipe would be too spicy, so she just asked us out to lunch instead. Poor Darcy had never had Indian food before, and was a little overwhelmed by all the different tastes, I think. She tried everything, though. Except the goat. Pretty sure she skipped the goat. Intrepidity can only take you so far.
The girls and I left the restaurant and then went to 4 different bike stores so I could look at bikes. The girls had a great time tooling through each bike store on whichever kids' bike they could lay a hand on. I found three nice mom bikes that I like, so I'll go back in a couple of days and ride them again and pick one.

No comments: