Monday, June 11, 2007

The Beach!


Went to the beach today for the second time in the 13 years I have lived in Houston. It was very nice. There was a constant breeze blowing off the water, so it wasn't hot at all, and the water was warm. I sat in a canvas chair and read "The Inn At Lake Devine" and kept an eagle eye on my kids, especially DD1, whose middle name is "intrepid". She kept wanting to go farther and farther out, and ride on other people's boogie boards, etc.
Of course, we brought lots and lots of the beach home with us in the van, but hey, what are hand vacs for, anyway?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so jealous...I've got beach just a subway ride away from me. But you know what? The water is COLD. The northern Atlantic is NOT like the Gulf. That's for sure. I miss Galveston sometimes.

Rosebud said...

I've always wanted to go to the beach there. You lucky bum..wish I could have been there too. It looks lovely! HUGS..rosebud