Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Give Up Sugar Or Die

We exchange gifts with my parents and clan on Thanksgiving, so I got quite a haul last week, including:
an air popper
a new briefcase
cookie sheets
a book on salads
scrapbooking stuff
"Beating Cancer With Nutrition"

I started reading the latter last night, and I haven't gotten very far into it, but they have a summary at the front for those people who are Stage 4 and need the basics. And one of the tenets is No Sugar. Apparently cancer cells feed on sugar, and sustaining a high blood sugar level is bad, bad, bad.
Sigh.
I do love me some Coke. And pastries. And donuts. And cookies.

1 comment:

bookreader said...

I know that stinks- having had gestational diabetes which has now turned into regular diabetes. But you can gradually develop a taste for the lower calorie soadas, etc and Splenda makes good baking sweetners for those home baked goodies. I know... doesn't sound great, but is the better choice. Sigh....