Sunday, November 25, 2007

Recap

We're home from Kansas now. Whew! We left at 7 a.m. Saturday morning, as we needed to pick up Bella TMSM from the kennel by 6 pm. It is a ten hour trip normally, from Kansas to Houston. We stopped for brunch at 10:25 a.m. at Braum's in Ardmore, OK. DH and I wanted b'fast, the girls wanted lunch. Those poor people at Braum's could not wrap their heads around that. It took about 5 minutes for them to key in the order, and even then they didn't charge us for my drink.
Then, their computers went down, which apparently prevented them from fixing our food. I asked for my money back, and so it all ended with us getting our food around 11, AND our money back.
We made good time till around Hillsboro, about 30 miles north of Waco, where traffic was down to one lane, and then with the rain and heavy traffic, we slowed down. We stopped in College Station for lupper at 4 p.m. Subway. One girl working. She did not multi-task well. She got all the bread out -- ours and the guy behind us. Then did the meat one at a time. Then did the toppings one at a time.
So, we got home at 5:50. I'd called the kennel to tell them we were running late, so we'll pick up Bella TMSM tomorrow.
We got inside the house, and Winston had left several little presents in the bathroom, bedroom, and living room. Sigh. I'm so glad we're getting new flooring. Nothing like coming home after an 11 hour trip, and spending half an hour scrubbing up cat poop.
I unpacked for a while, and then had to rest.

Friday afternoon, we went to see "Enchanted" with my sis and nieces. I LOVED that movie. I want to see it again. I hardly ever say that. It was fabulous. Apparently, it was in development for ten years. I'm glad they waited, because I thought it was great. Amy Adams plays the main character, and she strikes just the right tone.

1 comment:

bookreader said...

glad you are all home safe. don't you just love getting the "presents" from the pets first thing when you wake up in the a.m. or right when you get home from a big trip? just the way to start things off. NOT! sometimes i really feel like i could get along just fine without our two little dogs! oh well, have a good one.