Monday, November 5, 2007

Monday

I spent most of today researching the inventory of Dodge Chargers in the area. And since we live in the 4th largest city in the US, there are a plethora of Dodge dealers around. 19, to be exact.
So, I have calls or emails in to 7 of them, asking for driveout prices on the Chargers I am interested in. In case you don't know this, there's a difference between the price they quote you and the price you end up paying. When we bought the minivan in '04, I had two quotes from 2 different dealers that were exactly the same upfront, but differed by $750 when they got to the drive-out price.
In our family, I am the negotiator. I do all the research, and then narrow it down to a few choices, which DH then chooses from. Unless he doesn't care, like which shade of beige carpet we're getting. Because to him, beige, taupe, and off-white are all the same.
Tonight I went to the new HEB grocery store that just opened up. And I am exhausted. Because it was CROWDED. Like Christmas time at the mall crowded. And I have gotten spoiled after 7 years of being a stay-at-home mom. I am not used to crowds.

No comments: