Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tuesday

An alien has apparently inhabited my younger daughter. Not that I'm complaining. A normal morning for us goes something like this:
Me: Good morning, angel. Time to wake up.
DD2: (groans and pulls pillow over her head)
Me: (singing) Good morning to you, good morning to you, good morning dear booboo, good morning to you.
DD2: (from under pillow) I don't want to get up.
Me: Sorry about that. Now I've laid out your clothes for you, so after you go potty, get dressed, wash your face, brush your teeth and hair, and then you can have breakfast. I'm going to go take a shower and get dressed.
Then I come back after getting dressed to discover her sitting on the floor of her bedroom playing with her stuffed animals.

Today, however, I was awakened by the alien inhabiting DD2's body, who informed me that she was completely dressed, she'd washed her face, brushed her teeth and hair, and could she please have breakfast? It was awesome. We were actually early to her school. Made a nice change.

I went and camped out in the doctor's waiting room this morning for 2 hours, so they could fit me in and get me some drugs. The dr ended up giving me some free samples. Yay for free!
Soup and sandwich for lunch, then recycled some newspapers at dd1's school, where apparently people believe in recycling, but Abitibi doesn't believe in picking up the recycled materials -- all three bins were full, full, full.
Returned DD1's library book to the school as well. It was seriously overdue, as I got this letter from the librarian last week -- my first notice -- that I needed to pay the school $20 for a lost book.

No comments: