Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Melange

There's so much in my head I'm not sure what to write about today, so forgive me if this is a little hodge-podgy.
* I got a v/m today from DD1's school, saying she'd missed 9 days this year so far, and if she misses 9 more, she might be held back. Is there anything the school can do to help her? Considering she's making straight A's, i think we're good for right now.
* Had a cavity filled today. Ouch.
* I went to DD2's school around 8:40 today, to sit in on chapel. I'm supposed to be the speaker in a couple of weeks, and i wanted to see how it's done. As I was walking in, they stopped me and told me DD2's skirt was too short for dress code, so I had to take her home and have her change. Whoops!
* Indian food for lunch today. mmmmmm. I had lunch with DD1 at her school, and she wanted a meatball sandwich. this s'wich contained 3 meatballs, one of which landed on the floor.
* a friend of a friend was diagnosed with stage 4 sarcoma recently. she's in high school. i have a bit of a messiah complex, so of course i emailed my friend with a summary of what "Beating Cancer With Nutrition" says. Her name is Chelsea, and her mom is a court reporter, so she only gets paid when she's there. please pray for Chelsea's healing. i hate cancer.

i'm kind of sad today. with Jacque's death, chelsea's diagnosis, carrie and mia's going thru cancer treatment, me dealing with the fear of recurrence (and mets, and dying). it's a lot. if you can't find me, look under the covers on my bed.....

1 comment:

Rosebud said...

Don't be sad, it all happens for a reason. It's all in Gods great big hands, we just have to hang on for the ride..Hugs..rosebud