Sunday, April 29, 2007

At Whole Foods

Friday night, I went to a book signing inside the Loop, and then went to Whole Foods, which is a grocery store that offers organic food. I wanted to get some brownie mixes that didn't feature partially hydrogenated stuff, and ketchup made without high fructose corn syrup.
I love going there. It's so different from shopping in the suburbs. I am clearly the only republican in the whole store.
Anyway, while I'm browsing, I see some toilet paper for sale. And we need toilet paper, as I made the mistake of asking DH to buy toilet paper last time, and he came home with some single-ply sandpaper substitute. And since I am the one who goes to the bathroom the most in our family, I get to pick.
The name of the toilet paper offered at Whole Foods?

Seventh Generation Toilet Paper.

Uh. I think there's such a thing as carrying recycling too far.....

3 comments:

Jacqniel said...

First - you are beautiful with or without hair.
Second - a pool party is awesome! If this fricking disease has taught me anything, it's that there are MANY good people in this world. Be sure to post pics of your party!

Anonymous said...

(In case you hadn't noticed, I figured out a way to regularly follow your blog. Yay! :) )

Okay, you KNOW what a hippie granola girl I am. I'm all about the recycling and the earth-happy and the green, and all of that. But, I'm sorry, when it comes to my toilet paper, I want the real stuff. The soft, thick stuff. The Seventh Generation stuff is NOT for me. :)

By the way, in case you didn't know, where they got the Seventh Generation name is from an Iroquois saying that when we choose our behaviors, we should keep in mind the impact of those behaviors on the next seven generations. I really like that.

*smooches*

Danielle said...

It's a funny name if you don't know the reference, which has to do with considering the impact of what we do today on future generations. This is from their website:

We believe a name is more than just something you call your company - it's something you should live by. "Seventh Generation" is a name that embraces not only who we are and what we stand for today, but our hopes for the future as well. The name was suggested to us in 1988 by a Native American employee. . .she suggested we draw our inspiration from the Gayaneshakgowa, the Six Nations Iroquois Confederacy. . . "in our every deliberation we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations." That idea embodied everything we believe: that the environment is only temporarily entrusted to us and our actions upon it will affect it well into the future.