Monday, April 9, 2007

Busy, Busy Day

Wake up at 8:15, yikes! Get both girls dressed, I throw on some clothes and a hat and we head out the door. Take DD1 to school, as she missed the bus, take DD2 to school. Go back to DD1's school for a Meet The New Principal hoohah. Leave there, go home, pack a lunch for DD2 and grab some makeup, as I look too, too pathetic if I'm bald and don't have any makeup on. Swing by DD2's school and drop off the lunch.
Get on the highway to go to the Red Oak location of the onc's ofc, for a nutrition appt. While i'm on the road, check my v/m, and there's a msg from the onc's ofc saying they need to push the appt back to 11:30. Fine, so I go by a restaurant by my old workplace. It's in northeast houston, haven't been there since 1998.
I get a salad - it's a salad bar restaurant -- take a few bites, look down at my plate, and THERE IS SOMETHING MOVING ON MY PLATE!!! A little green maggot-type thing just kind of waving its head around like, "Dude, what's goin' on?"
Gulp.
So I take my plate over to the checkout lady, and tell her the problem. She looks at me and says, "Sorry about that. Do you want another salad?"
No, I think I've had enough protein for today. (Here's your sign.) Just my money back, please.
Then, I go to my appt. And wait for AN HOUR and FIFTEEN minutes. And this appt, which should have lasted 30 min, lasted an hour.
So, when I leave the onc's ofc at 1:45, I realize:
a) today is the day I'm supposed to take DD2 to her Occupational Therapy appt at 2, and I am 30 minutes away from being able to pick her up from school
b) the girls have eye doctor appts today at 3 and 3:30, and I didn't put a note in DD1's backpack.
So, I call the OT and reschedule, and call the school and tell them I'm acomin'
Pick up both girls, go to eye dr, go get a burger (cuz I finally recovered my appetite, but I am eating something cooked, I can tell u that much) and come home at 5.
Whew!

No comments: