Sunday, April 15, 2007

Friday

Friday, I tidied the house all day, then packed my suitcase and my scrapbooking stuff to go on my scrapbooking retreat. Went and got my blood tested, as I'm supposed to before chemo #2 on Monday.
Left around 5 with my friend Deanna to go to a B&B in Round Top, Texas, about an hour from here. We chatted, swung my Jack-in-the Box at Brenham for a snack (a sampler of fried things and a couple of sodas), and got there around 6:30.
Ate supper, during which I called my friend Emily in Dallas -- where they were having teacup-sized hail -- she was huddled under a stair with all the sentient beings in her household, but fine. And then we all trooped back to the main building where all our scrapbooking stuff was set up. And we scrapped away. All was fine until about 10:30 when the power went out. And stayed out.
By God's grace, there was a flashligh in the room, so we were able to traipse across the lane to the building where we were sleeping, brush our teeth by flashlight, and go to bed. I figured it was God's way of telling us to go to bed.
Lights came on in the middle of the night.

No comments: