Thursday, April 26, 2007

Wiped Out

Went to a meeting at church today, which was fun. We're planning the next 224 -- a quarterly marriage event at our church, where we have music, food, games, prizes, a short talk by a speaker....
then, i had been informed by dd1 that i was expected at her school for a volunteer luncheon, so i went to that
then, it was Mess Day at dd2's school, where the kids wore old clothes and got to spray paint, and paint with toilet brushes and plungers outside....parents were invited, so i went to that.
then, dd2 desperately needed a hair cut, so we got her hair cut...
then off to buy stamps and mail invites to DD2's bday party in a couple of weeks.
then home to collapse.
my friend Susan came by with chicken spaghetti for us tonight. this was a Bonus Meal, as normally we get meals on mondays from church folk, and meals on wednesdays from neighbor folk. susan used to be a neighbor, but moved to Cole's Crossing, Land of the Large Back Yards, a few years ago. she heard about me, and basically called up and said, "i'm cooking for ya on Thursday." so, woohoo! bonus!
which is a good thing, because the food that Dragana cooked for us yesterday was so good, it's about all gone. we kept going back for seconds and thirds. even the DDs, who took one look at the mashed potatoes (which were slightly orange because Dragana had added sweet potato) and declared they were Not Eating That, once they TRIED said spuds, were going back for more.

2 comments:

Jacqniel said...

So glad you are getting your 'groove' back. Enjoy your newfound energy - but don't overdo! Jacque

Anonymous said...

Hey, sweetie! I'm so glad you called me last night. It was wonderful talking to you. And I'm so sorry I've been such a loser about the hats. :) I seriously finished the two I'm sending you over a year ago, but was waiting to send the others with them. I'll stop waiting now. :) And I'll hopefully finish the cute cap I want to make you in the next few weeks. Take care, hon!